Longoni is the most famous Italian name in the world of billiards. For over 75 years the Longoni family has been creating, producing and marketing items for this sport all over the world.
The Longoni name has become worldwide synonymous with quality and prestige in the billiard field.
Care for the environment, worker safety and a typically Italian approach to business management have always given the brand reliability and prestige.
All Longoni cues are produced entirely in Italy, in the factory located in the city of Mariano Comense, the province of Como, always under the strict control of Longoni staff.
Longoni billiard cues have been tested and approved by the greatest champions in the world.
URAL – BLACK HORNBEAM
URAL, Longoni’s own brand, is a light-colored and hardwood (European hornbeam/Carpinus betulus) to which an innovative deep staining treatment has been applied: it has been introduced in Longoni products since 2019 fall.
A black ebony-like stain is penetrated with alternating pressurization and depressurization techniques.
Thanks to this secret procedure, the grains of the wood are remarkably highlighted, giving naturalness and depth to an almost total black look.
Hornbeam is a European wood, very widespread, not at risk of extinction and sustainable, with physical characteristics particularly suitable for billiard cues: medium to high gravity, stability and long life.
The selection of the best logs makes URAL a unique and prestigious product for your game.
STRATOS: LAMINATED SHAFTS SINCE 1965
THE CONCEPT OF STRATOS
Wood classic shafts are heavily anisotropic and release uncontrollable forces during hit.
Renzo Longoni in the late sixties deeply analyzed the problem coming to the conclusion that nature has to be recreated. He decided to cut slices of wood, select them by weight, straight veneer, and quality to recreate a perfect shaft using just the best pieces. The laminated shaft was born and patented in 1985.
JBR2 FERRULE, G10 CORE AND LD TECHNOLOGY
Improving constantly the quality of the game is one of the primary goals of the Longoni team.
To guarantee the maximum gaming performance of the Longoni shafts, a lot of work has been done on their frontal part introducing the new JBR2 ferrules by Longoni with high-density G10 support and a proprietary system to reduce deflection, improving acoustics.
In order to improve the balance and acoustic, in all laminated shafts close to the joint area, a long hole filled with a special foam was created. This material compensates density, absorbs vibrations and improves balance.
STRATOS SHAFT: PRECISION AND TRACEABILITY
Each Stratos shaft has a unique serial number that allows tracing the production date.
S2 Stratos shaft is made of 10 highly selected Canadian hard rock maple slices. It is an elastic shaft with determination, perfect for the most extreme English.
Longoni company uses for its shafts only the best hard rock maple from Quebec (Canada) and the whitest European hornbeam, where extremely low temperatures, sunlight and ground provide the best quality of wood for the billiard game. The processing cycle of each shaft lasts for at least 24 months.
All Longoni shafts are covered by a warranty for two years against manufacturing defects on parts such as joint, ferrule and ferrule sticking. Each shaft is controlled before the shipment to be perfectly straight and to comply with the strictest requirements of the customers.
In 2004, Longoni introduced the VP2 metal joint, universal for all Longoni cues. It has evolved from its predecessor, the Viper steel joint, which has proved itself in five-pin billiards. The object was to develop an ultra-precise joint, fast of use and versatile for the various types of cues in the different disciplines: pool, five-pins, carom and Russian pyramid.
Since, the pins and shaft inserts of the VP2 joint have undergone multiple improvements, minding and ensuring compatibility:
- Adjustment of the joint pin, after fabrication of the butt, for perfect alignment with the shaft insert;
- Electropolishing of the joint’s thread for the smoothest screw action;
- Laser engraved numbering of every single joint pin to keep track of production quality and to counter plagiarism.
At present, the VP2 joint is also available in ultra-light ‘grade 5’ titanium for cues that need such weight requirements and in stainless steel for all others, especially for five-pins. The shafts have brass or ergal – aluminium with magnesium – inserts. By choosing the perfect combination of materials, we ensure a perfect balance of the cue, for every billiards discipline and player.
The main characteristics of this joint are:
- Fast and easy locking and unlocking;
- Ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft;
- Impervious to humidity;
- Resistant to wear;
- Ultra-precise alignment of butt and shaft;
- The cues with the VP2 joint have a forward balance in comparison to cues with wooden joints.
- These joints can be easily retrofitted on old cues and models of other brands.
HEXA CORE - THE LAST AMAZING CORE BY LONGONI
HEXA-CORE is the latest evolution in the construction technique of Longoni butts.
It is the combination of two techniques: it combines the silence of the X-CORE metal system and the harmony of the XYLOCORE system. It is mainly used for pool and carom cues.
The component that joins the two parts of the butt is made individually with numerical control out of ergal aluminum and is equipped with grooves to calibrate elasticity and fix the piece mechanically as well as chemically.
It is installed more precisely than in traditional systems and it guarantees a long life of the cue.
- Longoni Sparkle Pool Cue: the 7th model signed by the 2 times pool world champion Niels Feijen
- URAL: The butt is made of URAL wood, European hornbeam to which an innovative deep staining treatment has been applied: It has been introduced in Longoni products since 2019 fall
- Hexa-Core: A new construction technique of the cues
- Stratos S2 shaft: An elastic shaft with determination, perfect for the most extreme English
- IMAGO Ring: Epoxy and cotton fiber-based ring with a wood look. Resistance, performance, elegance. Another Longoni exclusive technology
- VP2 joint: Provides ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft
- A high comfort professional grip: Made of 100% real leather with glossy effect and Longoni logo
- 3Lobite: Innovative extension system
- Included with the cue: Longoni Joint Protectors (Made in Italy), Longoni Tip Protector, Longoni Soft Case, Longoni Patch, Longoni Cue Certificate
- Model Name: Sparkle
- Category: Custom Pro
- Cue type: Pool
- Pro Player: Niels Feijen
- Cue length: 58" (147,3 cm) (rubber bumper not included)
- Cue weight: 18 oz
- Shaft type: S2
- Shaft profile: American
- Shaft material: Canadian Maple
- Shaft length: 29" (735 mm)
- Shaft weight: 4.25 oz (121 gr)
- Ferrule length: 13,5 mm
- Ring: Imago
- Joint type: VP2
- Joint diameter: 21,3 mm
- Cue tip type: Kamui Black SS
- Cue tip diameter: 12,8 mm
- Butt material: Black Hornbeam, Curly Maple
- Butt length: 735 mm (rubber bumper excluded)
- Butt lower collar diameter: 30,5 mm
- Wrap material: Leather
- 3Lobite: Installed
- Joint Protectors: Included
- Tip Protector: Included
- Longoni patch: Included
- Cue Certificate: Included
- Packing: Soft Case with Longoni Logo
- Gross weight (cue case included): 1 lb 6 oz (630 gr)
- MSRP: 750 Euros
- Made in Italy by Longoni