Longoni is the most famous Italian name in the world of billiards. For over 75 years the Longoni family has been creating, producing and marketing items for this sport all over the world.
The Longoni name has become worldwide synonymous with quality and prestige in the billiard field.
Care for the environment, worker safety and a typically Italian approach to business management have always given the brand reliability and prestige.
All Longoni cues are produced entirely in Italy, in the factory located in the city of Mariano Comense, the province of Como, always under a strict control of Longoni staff.
Longoni billiard cues have been tested and approved by the greatest champions in the world.
URAL – BLACK HORNBEAM
URAL, Longoni’s own brand, is a light-colored and hardwood (European hornbeam/Carpinus betulus) to which an innovative deep staining treatment has been applied: it has been introduced in Longoni products since 2019 fall.
A black ebony-like stain is penetrated with alternating pressurization and depressurization techniques.
Thanks to this secret procedure, the grains of the wood are remarkably highlighted, giving naturalness and depth to an almost total black look.
Hornbeam is a European wood, very widespread, not at risk of extinction and sustainable, with physical characteristics particularly suitable for billiard cues: medium to high gravity, stability and long life.
The selection of the best logs makes URAL a unique and prestigious product for your game.
LUNA NERA SHAFT:
Luna Nera is a graphite (unidirectional carbon) shaft developed by Longoni for pool and carom billiard disciplines. Thanks to years of experience in composite materials, the Longoni team developed a modern concept shaft with extremely low deflection and high power. Smooth and precise, this shaft is available in different profiles to match the requirements of different players.
LUNA NERA: 75 YEARS OF EVOLUTION IN BILLIARD WORLD
75 years of evolution are expressed in a revolutionary tool, perfected in every single detail:
- Extreme low deflection and high shooting accuracy
- Layered graphite with variable orientation for maximum strength, push and controlled elasticity
- Calibrated balancing
- New polyurethane filling, maximum volumetric and weight uniformity. Soundproofing and better vibration absorption
- Mechanical components made with a very high precision CNC machine
LONGONI WARRANTY FOR LUNA NERA SHAFTS
The Longoni Luna Nera shafts are covered by a 24 months warranty against manufacturing defects.
Luna Nera shafts (in comparison with the wooden shafts) are non-deformable and resistant to humidity. For cleaning, we recommend “Longoni Red Touch” cloth. To restore the satin effect of the shaft, we recommend "Longoni No Blue Polish" and “Longoni Abrado Micro-Sanding Papers Kit”.
Each Longoni Luna Nera shaft has a unique serial number that allows tracing the production date.
In 2004, Longoni introduced the VP2 metal joint, universal for all Longoni cues. It has evolved from its predecessor, the Viper steel joint, which has proved itself in five-pin billiards. The object was to develop an ultra-precise joint, fast of use and versatile for the various types of cues in the different disciplines: pool, five-pins, carom and Russian pyramid.
Since, the pins and shaft inserts of the VP2 joint have undergone multiple improvements, minding and ensuring compatibility:
- Adjustment of the joint pin, after fabrication of the butt, for perfect alignment with the shaft insert;
- Electropolishing of the joint’s thread for the smoothest screw action;
- Laser engraved numbering of every single joint pin to keep track of production quality and to counter plagiarism.
At present, the VP2 joint is also available in ultra-light ‘grade 5’ titanium for cues that need such weight requirements and in stainless steel for all others, especially for five-pins. The shafts have brass or ergal – aluminium with magnesium – inserts. By choosing the perfect combination of materials, we ensure a perfect balance of the cue, for every billiards discipline and player.
The main characteristics of this joint are:
- Fast and easy locking and unlocking;
- Ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft;
- Impervious to humidity;
- Resistant to wear;
- Ultra-precise alignment of butt and shaft;
- The cues with the VP2 joint have a forward balance in comparison to cues with wooden joints.
- These joints can be easily retrofitted on old cues and models of other brands.
HEXA CORE - THE LAST AMAZING CORE BY LONGONI
HEXA-CORE is the latest evolution in the construction technique of Longoni butts.
It is the combination of two techniques: it combines the silence of the X-CORE metal system and the harmony of the XYLOCORE system. It is mainly used for pool and carom cues.
The component that joins the two parts of the butt is made individually with numerical control out of ergal aluminum and is equipped with grooves to calibrate elasticity and fix the piece mechanically as well as chemically.
It is installed more precisely than in traditional systems and it guarantees a long life of the cue.
- Longoni Sparkle Pool Cue: the 7th model signed by the 2 times pool world champion Niels Feijen
- URAL: The butt is made of URAL wood, European hornbeam to which an innovative deep staining treatment has been applied: It has been introduced in Longoni products since 2019 fall
- Hexa-Core: A new construction technique of the cues
- Luna Nera pure graphite shaft: Extreme low deflection and high shooting accuracy
- VP2 joint: Provides ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft
- A high comfort professional grip: Made of 100% real leather with glossy effect and Longoni logo
- 3Lobite: Innovative extension system
- Included with the cue: Longoni Joint Protectors (Made in Italy), Longoni Tip Protector, Longoni Soft Case, Longoni Patch, Longoni Cue Certificate
- Model Name: Sparkle
- Category: Custom Pro
- Cue type: Pool
- Pro Player: Niels Feijen
- Cue length: 58" (147,3 cm) (rubber bumper not included)
- Cue weight: 18 oz
- Shaft type: Luna Nera
- Shaft profile: American
- Shaft material: Graphite
- Shaft length: 29" (735 mm)
- Shaft weight: 4.2 oz (119 gr)
- Ferrule length: 13,5 mm
- Ring: PSX Black
- Joint type: VP2
- Joint diameter: 21,3 mm
- Cue tip type: Kamui Original Soft
- Cue tip diameter: 12,4 mm
- Butt material: Black Hornbeam, Curly Maple
- Butt length: 735 mm (rubber bumper excluded)
- Butt lower collar diameter: 30,5 mm
- Wrap material: Leather
- 3Lobite: Installed
- Joint Protectors: Included
- Tip Protector: Included
- Longoni patch: Included
- Cue Certificate: Included
- Packing: Soft Case with Longoni Logo
- Gross weight (cue case included): 1 lb 6 oz (630 gr)
- MSRP: 980 Euros
- Made in Italy by Longoni