Longoni is the most famous Italian name in the world of billiards. For over 75 years the Longoni family has been creating, producing and marketing items for this sport all over the world.
The Longoni name has become worldwide synonymous with quality and prestige in the billiard field.
Care for the environment, worker safety and a typically Italian approach to business management have always given the brand reliability and prestige.
All Longoni cues are produced entirely in Italy, in the factory located in the city of Mariano Comense, the province of Como, always under the strict control of Longoni staff.
Longoni billiard cues have been tested and approved by the greatest champions in the world.
URAL – BLACK HORNBEAM
URAL, Longoni’s own brand, is a light-colored and hardwood (European hornbeam/Carpinus betulus) to which an innovative deep staining treatment has been applied: it has been introduced in Longoni products since 2019 fall.
A black ebony-like stain is penetrated with alternating pressurization and depressurization techniques.
Thanks to this secret procedure, the grains of the wood are remarkably highlighted, giving naturalness and depth to an almost total black look.
Hornbeam is a European wood, very widespread, not at risk of extinction and sustainable, with physical characteristics particularly suitable for billiard cues: medium to high gravity, stability and long life.
The selection of the best logs makes URAL a unique and prestigious product for your game.
JBR2 FERRULE, G10 CORE AND LD TECHNOLOGY
Improving constantly the quality of the game is one of the primary goals of the Longoni team.
To guarantee the maximum gaming performance of the Longoni shafts, a lot of work has been done on their frontal part introducing the new JBR2 ferrules by Longoni with high-density G10 support and a proprietary system to reduce deflection, improving acoustics.
The Classic Maple shaft features optimal playability with a more vintage look.
Longoni company uses for its shafts only the best hard rock maple from Quebec (Canada) and the whitest European hornbeam, where extremely low temperatures, sunlight and ground provide the best quality of wood for the billiard game. The processing cycle of each shaft lasts for at least 24 months.
All Longoni shafts are covered by a warranty for two years against manufacturing defects on parts such as joint, ferrule and ferrule sticking. Each shaft is controlled before the shipment to be perfectly straight and to comply with the strictest requirements of the customers.
In 2004, Longoni introduced the VP2 metal joint, universal for all Longoni cues. It has evolved from its predecessor, the Viper steel joint, which has proved itself in five-pin billiards. The object was to develop an ultra-precise joint, fast of use and versatile for the various types of cues in the different disciplines: pool, five-pins, carom and Russian pyramid.
Since, the pins and shaft inserts of the VP2 joint have undergone multiple improvements, minding and ensuring compatibility:
- Adjustment of the joint pin, after fabrication of the butt, for perfect alignment with the shaft insert;
- Electropolishing of the joint’s thread for the smoothest screw action;
- Laser engraved numbering of every single joint pin to keep track of production quality and to counter plagiarism.
At present, the VP2 joint is also available in ultra-light ‘grade 5’ titanium for cues that need such weight requirements and in stainless steel for all others, especially for five-pins. The shafts have brass or ergal – aluminium with magnesium – inserts. By choosing the perfect combination of materials, we ensure a perfect balance of the cue, for every billiards discipline and player.
The main characteristics of this joint are:
- Fast and easy locking and unlocking;
- Ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft;
- Impervious to humidity;
- Resistant to wear;
- Ultra-precise alignment of butt and shaft;
- The cues with the VP2 joint have a forward balance in comparison to cues with wooden joints.
- These joints can be easily retrofitted on old cues and models of other brands.
- Longoni Hurricane 2 Pool Cue with Linen Wrap: Simple but effective, powerful as a hurricane
- The butt has been protected by two backelite vintage rings, and the joint has been upgraded to the extremely precise Vp2-steel
- URAL: The butt is made of URAL wood, European hornbeam to which an innovative deep staining treatment has been applied: It has been introduced in Longoni products since 2019 fall
- VP2 joint: Provides ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft
- The Classic Maple shaft: Features optimal playability with a more vintage look
- 3Lobite: Innovative extension system
- Model Name: Hurricane 2
- Category: Entry level
- Cue type: Pool
- Cue length: 58" (147.3 cm) (rubber bumper not included)
- Cue weight: 19 oz
- Shaft type: Classic Wooden
- Shaft profile: American
- Shaft material: Canadian Maple
- Shaft length: 29" (735 mm)
- Shaft weight: 4 oz (112 gr)
- Ferrule length: 14 mm
- Ring: No
- Joint type: VP2
- Joint diameter: 21.3 mm
- Cue tip type: Da Vinci Medium
- Cue tip diameter: 12.8 mm
- Butt material: Black Hornbeam
- Butt length: 735 mm (rubber bumper excluded)
- Butt lower collar diameter: 30.5 mm
- Wrap material: Linen wrap
- 3Lobite: Installed
- Country of manufacture: Italy
- Brand Name: Longoni
- Packing: Corrugated box
- MSRP: 306 Euros
- Made in Italy by Longoni