*** Engineered in Italy by Longoni ***
Vaula is one of the oldest and most well-known Italian brands, particularly in the field of billiard cues. It was founded in Turin during WWII and specialized in the manufacturing of house cues; the brand and technology were acquired by Longoni cue company in the 1960s. Since 2010, the Vaula brand has been used to create a new range of cues with a modern look that are ideal for the 3 disciplines of the Longoni world: pool, carom, and 5-pins. The common feature of these disciplines is the Longoni technology, such as the VP2 steel joint and, in the case of the new Quantum collection, the acclaimed weight and balancing system Vibraless 10 by Longoni.
Thanks to the knowledge of the Longoni team, these tools have been developed in order to get great playability and compatibility with the last generation of Longoni shafts: Stratos wood shafts for the carom and pool cues or composite fiber shafts for the 5-pins ones.
All Vaula cues are approved for the official tournaments of the Italian billiard federation, Fibis.
In 2004, Longoni introduced the VP2 metal joint, universal for all Longoni cues. It has evolved from its predecessor, the Viper steel joint, which has proved itself in five-pin billiards. The object was to develop an ultra-precise joint, fast of use and versatile for the various types of cues in the different disciplines: pool, five-pins, carom and Russian pyramid.
Since, the pins and shaft inserts of the VP2 joint have undergone multiple improvements, minding and ensuring compatibility:
- Adjustment of the joint pin, after fabrication of the butt, for perfect alignment with the shaft insert;
- Electro polishing of the joint’s thread for the smoothest screw action;
- Laser engraved numbering of each single joint pin to keep track of production quality and to counter plagiarism.
At present, the VP2 joint is also available in ultra-light ‘grade 5’ titanium for cues which need such weight requirements and in stainless steel for all others, especially for five-pins. The shafts have brass or ergal – aluminium with magnesium – inserts. By choosing the perfect combination of materials, we ensure a perfect balance of the cue, for every billiards discipline and player.
The main characteristics of this joint are:
- Fast and easy locking and unlocking;
- Ultra-firm lock for full energy transfer between butt and shaft;
- Impervious to humidity;
- Resistant to wear;
- Ultra-precise alignment of butt and shaft;
- The cues with the VP2 joint have a forward balance in comparison to cues with wooden joints.
- These joints can be easily retrofitted on old cues and models of other brands.
- Great for players of all skill levels
- Canadian maple shaft for optimal playability
- Stylish Sport wrap for a comfortable and secure grip
- Black Bakelite Ring for enhanced durability
- VP2 joint for ultra-firm lock providing full energy transfer between butt and shaft
- Included with the cue: Vaula Neoprene Soft Case
- Quality and great playability at an affordable price
- Vaula Bison cues are approved for the official tournaments of the Italian billiard federation, Fibis
- Model Name: Bison 3C-II 3
- Cue length: 141 cm (cue tip and rubber bumper not included)
- Cue weight: 520 gr
- Shaft material: Canadian Maple
- Shaft length: 690 mm (cue tip not included)
- Shaft weight: 120 gr
- Shaft profile: C69
- Shafts included: 1
- Ring: Black Bakelite
- Joint type: VP2
- Joint diameter: 22 mm
- Cue tip type: Fuji Modena Soft
- Cue tip diameter: 12 mm
- Ferrule length: 10 mm
- Butt material: High-quality hardwood
- Butt length: 720 mm (rubber bumper not included)
- Butt lower collar diameter: 32 mm
- Wrap: Sport wrap
- Country of manufacture: China
- Brand Name: Vaula
- Packing: Soft Case with Vaula Logo
- Gross weight: 1 lb 4 oz (570 gr) (cue case included)
- MSRP: 225 Euros