The Simonis Green Story
When Iwan Simonis started to become increasingly popular in the U.S. market in the early 80's, the typical color for cloth in commercial rooms was a blue-green color, commonly referred to as American green or traditional green.
In order to make it clear that a room was using something different, Iwan Simonis offered its yellow-green cloth to the commercial rooms. The yellow-green cloth is brighter than the blue-green cloth and it was apparent at a glance that the tables were covered in something different. As years passed, players and room owners began to use the term "Simonis Green" to tell people what color cloth they were referring to. Today, Simonis Green is what we call yellow-green billiard cloth.
- The Original Worsted Blend
- Excellent tournament pool cloth massively used in the whole world for decades
- Nap-free...will not pill, fluff or shed
- Combed worsted wool and high thread count assure long-lasting wear
- Higher-Speed play for Bank Pool, Straight Pool and One-Pocket
- Especially recommended for high traffic
- Sold in over 50 countries, Simonis cloth is truly the universal choice for cue sports. Having earned its reputation with professional players and amateurs alike, Simonis remains the choice for more tournaments worldwide than any other cloth
- Simonis cloth delivers the most accurate play. For generations, Simonis has focused on what makes for the most accurate, most consistent play and we have woven it into our cloth. Simonis is considered the best overall value in billiard cloth because of its durability and unmatched playing characteristics
- Simonis is the oldest company in the billiard industry and the only textile mill in the world dedicated solely to the production of cloth for pool, carom, pyramid and snooker
- Smooth, even threads assure a consistent speed, English and cushion rebound. High wool content worsted thread construction takes ball spin more consistently and helps reduce ball burns. This precise construction provides outstanding accuracy and consistency which is why Simonis has remained the choice for tournament play for generations
Every roll of original IWAN SIMONIS cloth has 3 different markings which guarantee the authenticity of the product:
Next to the selvedge/side of the cloth, there is alternatively every approx. 60 cm :
1. the IWAN SIMONIS well-known signature logo
2. the IWAN SIMONIS name in block letters with the product name.
3. There is also printed in the middle of the width of every meter of cloth a mark showing IWAN SIMONIS name in block letters followed by the serial number of the roll (ID number) : this indelibly U.V. marking is only visible in black light (U.V.light).
When installing Simonis cloth, be sure to put the MARKED SIDE UP. This smooth side has printing on the edge with the grade, i.e. Simonis 860. This is the playing surface of the cloth. (The back of the cloth is not sheared as fine and is slightly fuzzy)
- Simonis cloth is harder to stretch than other cloths.
- This is true and it is intentional. Simonis goes to great lengths to ensure that our cloth stays within small, specified ranges of extension and elasticity. The benefit of this precision tolerancing is that, once the cloth is properly installed, it will not loosen or require re-stretching like many lesser quality cloths require and any small damage to the playfield will not grow or spread as it does in these lesser quality cloths.
Simonis cloth is meant to be installed tightly over the surface of the slate. This not only provides the best playing conditions, but it will ultimately increase the usable life of your cloth and your enjoyment of the game.
Simonis Standard Cloth Cutting Guide:
Many tables require special sizes in order to be covered properly. The Simonis Standard Guide is provided for general reference.
- Type of cloth: worsted
- Color: Tournament Blue™
- Composition: 70% wool/30% nylon
- Weight: ± 10.5 oz/yd² (±355 g/m²)
- Nap-free, will not pill, fluff or shed
- Made in Belgium