ROKU was developed because of the necessity to use the full potential of Kamui tips in order to make players’ visions into realities. The new possibilities created by a larger cue ball sweet spot pulls unrecognized skills out into the open.
- Grip power: In order to create a larger sweet spot, the exact proportions of the chalk particles are delicately regulated. This enhancement makes the most of the potential of Kamui tips
- Adhesion: Thanks to the unique ingredients, it is easy to apply an appropriate amount on the tip
- Solidity: The chalk gains high density and solidity by removing the air. Benefits include ease of chalking and high adhesion, so it does not wear off
The chalk project began because chalk is the critical addition needed to realize the full performance of tips. In order to use the full potential of Kamui tips, the chalk used needs to be the same or better quality. During thousands of trials, the necessity of iterative improvement was discovered. From the beginning, there were three main objectives of this project. The first objective is to ensure high-quality chalk, which has grip power, adhesion, and solidity since those are the most important performance factors. The second is the concept of "hexagonal close-packed structure". The third is that it has to be a hexagonal shape to symbolize the close-packed structure concept. After a long development period since the release of 0.98 and 1.21, the chalk exemplifying the target criteria has been created. From the development objectives and concept, it is named "ROKU". In Japanese, it means hexagon.
Road to the perfect balance: The more advanced the level, the harder it is to bridge the gap between imagination and execution. The concept of the hexagonal close-pack structure was important in order to develop the high-performance chalk, which has grip power, adhesion, and solidity. ROKU has been developed by seeking the best balance of particles while minimizing ingredients. It enables players to control their shots with higher accuracy
Larger Sweet Spot: ROKU contains a much finer particle size than standard chalk. The purpose of this is to maximize friction and offer a larger sweet spot to generate more spin on the cue ball
More Accurate Aim: Increasing friction decreases deflection, giving the player a more accurate aim when English is applied
- Color: Blue
- Net weight: 0.86 oz (24.5 gr)
- Gross weight: 0.91 oz (25.8 gr)
- Made in Japan